Thursday, March 19, 2020

Honey Bee Card and Covid-19


I am so sad about the current Covid-19 Pandemic and am staying at home and not going out much. I am a retired RN as of 18 months ago and I know the ramifications of this if people do not comply. I am worried about my former co-workers who will be on the front lines of this if it hits our area strong.  I pray for our country and for the people in Europe that are currently being hit hard with this infection.

I decided to do some card making just to get my mind off things and it really helps! If you are stuck at home because of this virus, please try to do something like crafting, it really is therapy! Making these cards yesterday was so good for me! I really enjoyed being creative and it did take my mind off the situation for awhile. I read a post online from a gal in Italy that took up coloring using an adult coloring book. She said it really helps her. It is surprising really how much it helps. We have to think about our mental health during this time.

I stamped yesterday using the new Honey Bee Stamp Set and Detailed Bee Dies. This is such a fun bundle of products. They apparently are very popular as they are currently out of stock. I used the FREE Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper from the Sale-a-bration brochure.

The above card turned out really pretty. It was a easy card to make I just made the Bee cut out the focal point. I used Thick Whisper White cardstock as the base.


I added some gold thread under the Basic Black circle cut out just to add interest to the focal point. I don't think you can tell from the photo but the flower in the paper is gold, so the gold thread helps pull this all together.


I hope you like my card and it inspires you to get creative! I made several more with this set and will post more tomorrow.

Stay Strong! Please follow the recommendations to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. Stay home as much as possible. Absolutely stay home if you are sick, even if it is the common cold. Consciously think about not touching your face! This one is hard to get use too! You do it so automatically. Wash your hands frequently! This is what we do in the hospital all the time. We foam in and out ( hand santizer) of a patients room even if they don't have an infection! Prevention is always key!

Hugs,

Shelly


No comments:

Post a Comment